Carrier Performance™ 80 Gas Furnace
Up to 80% AFUE
A good solution for mild winters and hot summers
This furnace is a solid option for milder winter climates, because you’re not paying for high AFUE features like communicating capabilities, condensing technology and fully modulating flames. The Carrier 58CTW furnace features 80% AFUE heating with two-stage operation. Where is really shines for both winter and summer is the whisper-quiet, variable speed fan motor. With this furnace, you’ll have better comfort all year long, and you’ll never have to turn up the TV again with the heating and air conditioning kicks on!
Carrier 58CTW Furnace Details:
If you want performance without all the bells and whistles of a communicating system, consider this Performance series model.
As an 80% furnace it is most suitable for areas with milder winters. You can pair it with a high-efficiency heat pump or air conditioner and gain a cooling efficiency boost from its variable speed blower.
Because it’s variable speed, you gain greater comfort through more consistent temperatures with the added benefit of smarter energy use.
It also features SmartEvapTM technology which periodically stops the fan in “Constant ON” mode to give cooling condensation time to drain away.
And ComfortFanTM technology allows you to choose fan speeds in “Constant ON” mode from a compatible thermostat.
Additional info on the Carrier Performance™ 80 Gas Furnace
- Low stage operation up to 90% of time for quiet, energy-efficient operation
- Allows 4 choices of “constant ON” fan speed operation
- Hybrid Heat® compatible
- Exceptional year-round humidity management when installed as part of complete Infinity system with added humidifier
- Can help boost cooling SEER efficiency when matched with appropriate cooling system components
- Two-stage gas valve
- Variable-speed, ECM blower motor
- Pilot-free, hot surface PowerHeat™ ignition
- Two-speed inducer motor
- Aluminized steel clamshell-style primary heat exchanger
- Sound reduction: fully insulated cabinet and QuieTech™ noise reduction
- Recommended controls: PerformanceTM Edge® relative humidity or ComfortZone™ II thermostats
- Flexible installation: upflow, downflow or horizontal
- Versatile venting for tight-fit applications
- 115 V
- .5″ gas connection
- Convertible to Liquid Propane (LP)
- 20-gauge, galvanized steel with appliance finish
- Baked on urethane base coat and polyester top coat paint in taupe metallic
- Dimensions in upflow position: 33.25″H x width varies by size: 14.25-24.5″ x 29″D